When most people think of massage therapy, they imagine a relaxing massage session in a peaceful setting. Although massage therapy can be very relaxing, there are so many other therapeutic benefits to massages.
During the winter season, massage therapy helps increase lymph flow which fights off infections and bacteria, boosting your immune system during the cold and flu season! Dry winter air, blustery wind, and the blazing heater can dry your skin quickly. Massage therapy is proven to improve skin hydration during these dry winter months.
“I love working at Tolk Wellness Center. I am so impressed with how Dr. Andrew Tolk and Dr. David Tolk focus on finding the cause of their patients’ symptoms. It allows me to understand what areas need to be addressed during the massage session, making the treatment more effective and beneficial.”Sylvia Overton, L.M.T.
Here’s are 25 reasons to get a massage according to the American Massage Therapy Association:
2. Relieve Postoperative pain
3. Reduce Anxiety
4. Manage Low Back Pain
5. Help Fibromyalgia Pain
6. Reduce Muscle Tension
7. Enhance Exercise Performance
8. Relieve Tension Headaches
9. Sleep Better
10. Ease Symptoms of Depression
11. Improve Cardiovascular Health
12. Reduce Pain of Osteoarthritis
13. Decrease Stress in Cancer Patients
14. Improve Balance in Older Patients
15. Decrease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
16. Temper Effects of Dementia
17. Promote Relaxation
18. Lower Blood Pressure
19. Decrease Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
20. Help Chronic Neck Pain
21. Lower Joint Replacement Pain
22. Increase Range of Motion
23. Decrease Migraine Frequency
24. Improve Quality of Life in Hospice Care
25. Reduce ChemoTherapy-related Nausea
Receive $15 off your first massage therapy session. Schedule your next first appointment with Sylvia and mention this special offer.